The majority of UAE workers are now eligible to sign up for unemployment insurance, but in order to receive the policy’s cash benefits, you must meet ten criteria.
Both Article 9 of Cabinet Resolution No. 97 of 2022, which was issued after the law was approved and governs the unemployment insurance program, and Article 5 of Federal Decree-Bill No. 13 of 2022 specify these conditions.
If you want to be qualified to receive 60% of your basic income for three months if you leave your job for unavoidable circumstances, you must fulfill all of these requirements.
The following Articles must be followed in order to fulfill the requirements indicated below:
- A minimum of 12 consecutive months must pass after signing up for the unemployment insurance programme.
- You must make sure you pay all insurance premiums at the appropriate intervals.
- You need to show that you were unemployed for a reason other than resignation.
- In accordance with the applicable regulations governing labour relations in the private sector and human resources in the federal government, you should not have been fired from your work for disciplinary grounds.
- Claims must be filed within 30 days of the end of the employment connection or the day the court rules on the labour complaint, whichever comes first.
- You shouldn’t be the focus of an active report of absconding.
- No fraudulent or dishonest claims should be made in order to receive compensation. In a similar vein, the employer’s workplace shouldn’t be made up.
- In the event that you are engaged by another employer, the compensation payment will stop.
- Strikes or other violent protests cannot be held responsible for job losses, no matter how much harm they may have done.
- The insured must have a registered residence in the nation.
To honor claims in two weeks
Once you have submitted a claim and are qualified for reimbursement, Article 12 of the insurance policy requires service providers licensed by the Central Bank of the UAE to provide the insurance policy to make the payment within two weeks of receiving the claim.