The program was introduced on January 1, 2023, by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization of the UAE, and a subscription was required (MOHRE). Depending on your base salary, you must pay a monthly payment of Dh5 or Dh10 to be eligible for unemployment insurance.
You can enrol in the programme, known as the Involuntary Loss of Employment (ILOE), online or through any of the seven platforms listed below. You must have worked in your former position for a minimum of 12 months in a row, counting from the day you signed up for the insurance plan, to be qualified to receive compensation under the insurance plan.
How to apply for the Unemployment Insurance scheme online?
Here is how you can subscribe to the ILOE scheme through their website:
- Visit the website www.iloe.ae
- Select the red “Subscribe Here” button that is located in the centre of the screen.
- After that, you’ll be taken to the ILOE application portal. Next, choose whether you are a private or federal government employee under the “Individual” category.
- Sign in next by entering your UID or Emirates ID number (Unified Identification Number). You must enter one of these two pieces of information together with your mobile number in order to receive a one-time password (OTP) to finish the registration process.
- Tap the “Request OTP” button after entering your cell number, your Emirates ID number, or your UID number.
- Type in the OTP you get, and your ILOE dashboard will then be shown.
- The dashboard will indicate if you fall into the scheme’s Category A or Category B.
- You will see a summary of your personal information at the top of your dashboard, which you must review. Then tick the box next to “I confirm my personal details are correct.”
- After that, you may select your ILOE plan and sign up for either a one- or two-year enrollment. You will have the choice to pay the premium on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis if you decide to sign up for the plan for a full year.
- After creating the plan, you will be able to view the start date, expiration, insurance cost, and the “total premium payable” that you must pay each month, quarter, or year.
- After reading the text, choose the “terms and conditions” checkbox once you’ve made your choice.
- Click on ‘Pay now’.
- To get the insurance certificate through email, you will first be asked to enter your email address, which is optional.
- You will then be taken to the online payment method, where you must enter your credit card information.
- Then OTP will be delivered to the phone number associated with your card. For the payment to be processed, enter the OTP.
- Along with the payment confirmation, you’ll get an email with an insurance certificate. To get the pdf version of your insurance certificate as an alternative, log into your ILOE dashboard.
The deadline to sign up is June 30, 2023
Qualified employees have until June 30, 2023 to enroll in the Involuntary Loss of Employment Plan, according Ministerial Resolution No. 604 of 2022. (ILOE). The covered worker will have four months to subscribe if their employment began after January 1, 2023. This grace period will begin on the day they arrived in the UAE or the day their “Visa Change Status” was finalised.